Severstal remains focused on reducing our environmental footprint and improving the quality of life of the local communities where we operate.
Severstal works in compliance with environmental regulations and we develop and roll out our own high-performance management systems, which are in line with international best practices. We work closely with government authorities, our employees, business partners and non-governmental organizations (NGO) experts to constantly improve our environmental protection. Our management team is involved in joint projects with the environmental committees of Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP) and Worldsteel. Our Environmental Protection Policy commits us to:
- Preventing environmental contamination and actively working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions;
- Optimising the use of energy and natural resources;
- Managing waste efficiently.
Compliance with ISO management system standards:
- The Environmental Management System (EMS) of Cherepovets Steel Mill meets the requirements of ISO 14001:2004;
- Four Severstal businesses have Environmental Management Systems meeting the requirements of ISO 14001.